Tuesday, September 12, 2006

That's my mate, that is!


I'm delighted to say that have been compelled to post this out of pride and admiration for my friend and co-peasant, Rhys Taylor. Rhys, who is a quite astoundingly talented clarinettist, has just been awarded the 2006 Bryn Terfel scholarship, which is about as good as it gets for a young artist in Wales. I can also vouch for the fact that Rhys is a phenomenally nice bloke. I know this because you can't sit with someone for the duration of forty-two shows on the back of an improvised hay-cart without learning a little of their character! It was also nice to see quite a prominent article featuring Rhys on the mid-Wales section of the BBC news website. I'm afraid that it must be admitted that the mid-Wales section of that website is more usually filled with stories about lost dogs and secret cake recipies (or was it secret dogs and lost cake recipies? I forget.) and that it has a speed of journalistic throughput that would make a glacier look like a white-knuckle ride but hey, publicity is publicity! I'll wind up this congratulatory post before I run the risk of becoming even more sycophantic. Well done Rhys! I hope that we find ourselves working together again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home